Zingelani Safaris has a number of ranches available, some of them within one hour drive from Johannesburg. The specific Ranch utilised for a safari is determined by the specific species as well as the type of hunting our clients want to enjoy (walk and stalk in the bushveld or driving in open veld on a vehicle and then walk closer for the hunt).
THE FOLLOWING ARE AVAILABLE AT ALL OUR RANCHES:
- Comfortable sleeping facilities;
- Bathrooms with running hot and cold water;
- Flushing toilets;
- Kitchen and dining facilities;
- Slaughtering, caping and cool room facilities; and
- Game viewing.
THE FOLLOWING ARE AVAILABLE AT SOME OF OUR RANCHES:
- Swimming pool;
- Satellite TV and DSTV;
- Pool tables;
- Bird watching;
- Clay pigeon shooting;
- Horse back riding, and
- Quad bikes.
The vegetation in our hunting areas varies and is determined by the specific species that we are hunting. It may vary from bush veldt to high veldt grasslands.
The topography may vary from rocky mountains or koppies, plain areas to riverbeds and marshes. The best time for hunting in Southern Africa is from May to August.
We hunt on ranches with exemption and are therefore able to hunt throughout the year. The bush is usually thick prior to the winter months (January to April)
and the breeding season commences in spring (September).
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE AVAILABLE TO OUR CLIENTS:
- .416 Rigby only for back-up when hunting dangerous game;
- .375 Holland & Holland Magnum for hunting dangerous as well as big game in the bush;
- .300 Winchester Magnum for hunting the larger plains game;
- .308 Winchester for hunting plains game and smaller game in the bush;
- .223 for hunting vermin, and
- .22 Long for hunting birds.
- Various 12 gauge shotguns also for hunting birds.
OUR RATES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES (ONLY DURING THE CONTRACTED SAFARI PERIOD):
- All road transport from the relevant airports to the hunting fields and back to the airports as well as the transport in the hunting fields;
- All meals and refreshments, including alcohol in moderation during meals;
- The services of highly qualified and experienced professional hunters;
- Fully equipped hunting as well as recovery vehicles for the hunted game;
- The services of our support staff, including trackers, skinners and camp staff;
- Permits and license fees;
- Rifles and ammunition;
- Field preparation of your trophies;
- Delivery of trophies to our preferred taxidermist, and
- All taxes.
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCLUDED FROM OUR RATES
- Personal insurance;
- Emergency medical health care;
- All trophies (animals) hunted;
- Any accommodation before and after the contracted safari period;
- Any air transport, chartered and helicopter flights;
- Dipping and packing the hunted trophies;
- Taxidermy work on the trophies;
- Dispatch and delivery of completed trophies at your required destination, and